Top DIY Countertop Installation Mistakes
May 2, 2018
With labor being an expense in remodeling, some homeowners might opt to do the installation themselves. While there are many DIY tasks the homeowner can tackle, a countertop installation can be an expensive mistake to correct and easy to mess up. Here are some of the most common mistakes in trying to install counter tops yourself:
- Often times, homeowners have a difficult time with properly measuring the area where countertop will be installed and end up having to re-order material that will properly fit. Even the wall lines and lumps can completely change the way the countertop will fit.
- As we know that quartz and granite are very heavy surfaces. At times, it can take up to 3 experienced stone specialist just to bring it in the home. Stone is not an easy product for homeowners that want to DIY.
- Some surfaces are fragile like natural granites and marbles and there is a risk of the material breaking or cracking, this can even occur during the transportation of slabs.
- When we handle the project, we also factor in the quartz brand lot number and SKU number to ensure the slab colors will match. We will verify where any cut outs need to be for a cook-top or a sink and even the faucet.
- Most Quartz manufacturers offer a warranty on their products. To ensure that your product is warrantied, each quartz brand must be fabricated and installed by a company that is trained for their products and materials.
- If the home owner attempts to install the counter top themselves and they mess up, they are responsible for the cost of fixing the mistake. But if you let Kitchen Mart handle the install, and somehow we make a mistake, the cost of that fix is on us.
Kitchen Mart can handle all the tasks required for a countertop install: the complete demolition of existing surfaces, adding new plywood decking when required, laser templating of the surfaces, fabrication, installation and complete hook-ups of any plumbing or electrical.
For experienced counter top installation, click here or call us at 916.362.7080.
For kitchen design ideas and to see our vast selections of countertops, cabinetry and more, we invite you to visit one of our two design showrooms:
Kitchen Mart Sacramento at 3742 Bradview Drive
Kitchen Mart Rocklin at 4381 Granite Drive.